Property taxes are based on the calendar year and are due in full September 30th of the same year. Late Payment penalties of 6% are charged on the current levy on October 1st and an additional 12% on the unpaid balance January 1st.
Property taxes are calculated as Assessed Value x Mill Rate divided by 1000.
Questions about Assessment? Please visit our website
on your annual property taxes:
• 5% Discount for monthly payment
– sign up for our Tax Installment Payment Plan (TIPP), make your first payment on or before January 31st and receive the 5% discount on your annual taxes.
For more information or to sign up, please visit our website
• 6% Prepayment Discount
– Prepay your property taxes on or before January 31st each year and you will earn a 6% discount. The prepayment amount is last year’s taxes less 6%. Foothills County does not send out notices or reminders so please mark your calendar.
UTILITIES – WATER, SEWER AND GARBAGE
Foothills County supplies water, sewer and garbage collection to only a few hamlets / subdivisions in the County. Please visit our website
for more information.
If you have a utility account with us we offer a Budget Payment Plan (WIPP) and an automatic withdrawal payment plan (WPAP). For more information or to sign up, contact email@example.com
or telephone 403-652-2341 or 403-931-1905.
ROAD ALLOWANCE AND OTHER LEASE LICENCES
Foothills County bills out Road Allowance and Other Licences through the Utility program. You may pay these licences the same way as Utilities.
TAXES AND UTILITIES (and LICENCES) PAYMENT OPTIONS:
• My Foothills County with Debit or Credit Card.
• Online or Telephone Banking; Search “Foothills” and find “Foothills County”:
TAXES: Your 10 digit Roll number is the account number. If you are paying for several rolls use the 6 digit Customer ID plus 4 zeroes as the account number.
UTILITIES: use the 12 digit account number without
LEASE LICENCE: use the 12 digit account number without
the decimal. If you are paying for several licences use the 6 digit Customer ID plus 6 zeroes as the account number.
• Mail – please enclose the remittance portion of the Notice with your payment. Do not mail cash.
• At most Financial Institutions in Canada, including ATMs (Automatic Teller Machines). Please check your receipt to ensure your payment went to Foothills County.
• After hours through the drop box located on the front door of Foothills County administration building, located at 309 Macleod Trail, High River, Alberta -- cheques only please. Make cheques payable to Foothills County.
• Payment can be made at the Foothills County Office during regular business hours.
• Credit Card payments for Property Taxes are charged a surcharge to cover credit card costs incurred.
• Foothills County cannot
TERMS OF PAYMENT
Payments will be accepted at any time, subject to penalties.
Please use the 10 digit TAX ROLL NUMBER
or the 12 digit UTILITY ACCOUNT
as your account number.
• MY FOOTHILLS COUNTY: The eﬀective date of payment is the date on your receipt.
• ATM, ONLINE OR TELEPHONE BANKING: The eﬀective date of payment is the date the payment is sent by your bank (keep your Transaction Confirmation). Foothills County cannot
• IN PERSON AT A FINANCIAL INSTITUTION: The eﬀective date of payment is the date on your transaction confirmation. Ensure payment is made to the Foothills County.
Make cheques payable to Foothills County
and mail to Box 5605 High River AB T1V 1M7. Postdated cheques are acceptable. The CANADA POST postmark is deemed to be the eﬀective date of payment. If the postmark is absent or illegible, the eﬀective date will be the actual date of receipt in this oﬃce. Postage Meter date imprints are not accepted as proof of the mailing date.